Everyone in their life time, have to introduce themselves to the audience or they they have to tell about themselves to the interviewer.
It is the speech which lies around 30 seconds to 3 minutes or 5 minutes, but it should not be more than 5 minutes, in case if any one ask you to tell about you more than five minutes, you have to make a sharp choice of what you have to tell.
But Do not write an award winning boring autobiography
It is very important that, it gives the first impression to others about us and it decide our qualifying for job during Interview.
In this Speech, you have to tell who you are and what you are about.
The key question for a successful and effective self introduction speech in both occasions is: How much and what information do you want the audience to know about you?
Following are the some of the Self Introduction points:
(1) Wishes: It is the first thing, you have to do in your speech,
At this point only you have to try to grab the attention of the audience.
You have to wish depending upon the time, either “Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening”.
You can wish in different ways to grab the attention of the audience.
- Good morning! My Dear Friends.
- Good Morning! Ladies and Gentleman.
- Good Morning! Beautiful Girls and Handsome Guys.
- Good Morning to One and all or Good Morning! Everyone.
- Respected Sir, Good Morning.
- Special or Lovely or Cool Morning to you all.
(2) Purpose: We have to tell the purpose, why we have came in front of the audience.
We can say, “ I have came here to tell you about myself or i have came here to tell you about one of the Great Personality of the Century, he is none other than it’s me…”
(3) Name: Here you have to tell about your name….
To grab the attention of audience, you have to present your name differently.
If you know you can tell the meaning of your name or any famous celebrity with your name.
(4) Father’s Name: Here you have to mention about your father’s name.
Start your father name as “Mr. or Prof. or Dr.”
(5) Family: It is the Great Opportunity to tell about your family, so tell the details what you want to tell about them.
(6) Profession: Tell about your profession, what you are doing at present.
(7) Location: Tell about your present location, where you are staying and if you want you can also tell with whom you are living.
You can also tell about you native place.
It is better to describe or tell about your place which is famous for.
(8) Hobbies/ Habits : Hobby means what you would like to do in your leisure time.
Habit means your regular activities.
This part tells about your nature and your life style, so be careful while telling this.
In Interviews, they will again ask questions regarding your habits and hobbies.
So be careful and try to tell your real hobby.
(9) Life Aim: Tell about what is your life aim, it will be good if your life aim is high.
You have to think high and you have try to reach high.
(10) Achievements: Tell about what you have achieved up to now, minimum it is good to say 3 achievements and best to have 5 and above.
Though the achievements are small, tell them, it shows your confidence but don't say, i don't have any achievements.
(11) Favorite Persons or Ideal Persons: It is good to say about you favorite or Ideal Persons.
(13) Your Strength and Weakness: You can tell about your Strengths and weakness. In an interview, the weakness you will tell should be the Strength for that Company.
(14) People you Like and Dislike: Here you have to tell “what kind of people you like and what kind of people you dislike”.
(17) Conclusion: In conclusion, offer a memorable answer on the question the listeners probably will have when they listen to your public speaking speech: what's in it for me? Tell how this aspect of your life makes who you are and what you are. It will be the perfect ending of your self introduction speech.
You have to adjust your speech according to the time, generally 3 minutes and you have to make the speech depending on the what section of people you are giving the speech and what you want to reveal about yourself.Then it will be an Excellent speech…….